Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Unit 8:

Well the two exercises that I found to be most beneficial to me were the subtle mind practice and the visualization exercise. The subtle mind was good for me because it allowed me to shut off the outside noise and the noise in my head and just have calm and quiet. I think that this could be applied to my life on a daily basis for 10-15 minutes a day or perhaps I can alternate days and do the other practice on the other days. I sometimes have such a hard time focusing or shuting off my thoughts and this exercise allowed me to do so. I need this every now and then.

The visualization that we just did in this unit I really enjoyed. I do not think of my own happiness and achievements and I should. I am way too hard on myself. At school I aim high and I try to do my best, when I get a 98% instead of a 100% I do beat myself up over it and I remind myself well you have to do better than that next time. When I should really just be proud of myself because there are people out there that are struggling to make a passing grade. I was having a discussion about this with my friends and they agree I need to not be too hard on myself. This exercise allowed me to think of a time I was happy and times where I acheived something that mattered to me. I was able to think of so much stuff and really soak it up and take it in. I was able to connect with those feelings and just be happy for what I have and not what I don't. A big problem for me is that I feel I can do better or do more but I need to reflect and look at my life, I am a mother, a military wife, and friend, a daughter, a worker, and a college student ready to graduate. I need to look at all of these wonderful accomplisments I have and be happy with them and enjoy them because they will only happen once. I don't want to look back in my life I say wow what good times, I want to sit right now and say wow what a great moment now in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment