Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Unit 10: Final Post


Well compared to Unit 3 I would say my ratings went up a little bit. My spiritual for unit 3 was a 7 and now I would say it is an 8, my physical was a 5 and I would say it is a 6, the one with the most difference would be my mental it was a 3 and is now a 6. The scores have changed because I have been working on these areas more. I have also been looking at them differently. When I go to the gym or for walks I also use that time to clear my mind, or pray and just relax. It has been quite enlightening for me. I think that the psychological is where I needed the most work but it is the place that I focused on more. I have been using a lot of the techniques and exercises we have learned in class and it has been helping.

My goals have been met. I have been meditating or using some of the exercises everyday. I want to use them for a longer time period perhaps that could be one of my next goals. I have also been going to the gym during my lunch breaks at work and I have been trying to eat better. I still need to work on that area, I do not know much about nutrition.

My personal experience in this class was seeing first hand that health and wellness works. I now have a much greater respect for it and wish that western medicine did too. I have improved my well-being and I think I now have the tools to improve even more. Right now in my life I cannot give too much I am not in that place but I hope very soon in the future to be able to devote more of me to health and wellness and really focus on it. This has definitely been rewarding for me because I have learned so much and these very simple exercises. It has been difficult doing some of these exercises and really trying to focus and calm the mind. I think that in the beginning the timing was difficult too. Right now it is trying to implement all of the nutrition, exercising, and mental fitness into my daily life that is difficult but I know with some more education and perhaps someone who knows about nutrition I can get to where I want to be.

It has been an exciting learning experience for me and I wish everyone the best of luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment